Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sam's Arrival!

Here are some pictures of my little baby girl! Some are from her extraction and may be a little gross so viewer beware if you have a weak tummy.

Of course this is Mommy. An unhappy, laboring mommy. This was after the epidural so there was less complaining but still general discomfort. After 21 hours of labor, including 12 hours of active (read painful and horrible) labor, Samantha came into the world.


7:30PM March 29, 2006. Here is Sam being pulled out of the belly. Her head and back are visible, sort of. Lots of blood, ick.

Dr Whalen is cutting her lifeline! Isn't she gross all covered in icky stuff and purple? Thank goodness Mommy couldn't see all this.


Here's more of that icky stuff. They put her in the warmer and gave her some oxygen, as is normal. And look, she is definitely a little girl.

Here she is again brand new. She was wailing away and we had never heard anything better in the world.

This is Mommy and Samantha's first picture together. Mommy is drugged and Samantha is all goopy. After we all left the recovery room Sam was taken to the nursery where she had to spend a few hours because she wasn't staying warm enough.

Here is Daddy and Samantha's first picture together. She finally came in at 3am and Daddy wouldn't give her up. Look at that big grin, we love her so much!


Isn't she gorgeous? This is her favorite past time for now. Sleeping Beauty of our home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sammy,

This you mammo, as your cousin, De'yvion has named me.But when you start talking, I am sure you will think of a name for me yourself. I love you Sam! With all my heart! You are a perfect little angel. Grandma even saved some of your big sister Bell's clothes for you. I have dresses, with hats, and jeans and I always have extra pampers incase you need one sometime. And when you get bigger grandma has pullups and swimming pullups, I am going to get you all a swimming pool to have fun in. We have a swing set in the back yard and wagons and cars and all kinds of stuff for you to play with. Of course you are going to have to get a little bigger! LOL I am so proud of all of my grandbabies and I love you all so much, I love having all of you here and mommy and daddy to with you Auntie and uncles and cousins, that's what family is all about being together and having fun. I also have a webpage with some of your pictures on it and now I need some pics of mommy and daddy together with you. you have your very on pic album on my website as well as your cousins
I still have some work to do to it, but I like all the pics of my grandbabies on it. I love you sammy girl. Now I have 4 beautiful grandaughters. I am truly a blessed grandma, and I have 4 handsome grandson's. It just keeps getting better and better all of the time. I will stop now. I love you so much sam, and mommy and daddy to for giving me another precious granddaughter.

Love you all bunches,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

This Sam's Grandma Diana. She also has her very own photo album at our family web page as well the web address is.Which was first name
after Sam's big sister because she was the first grandchild I had. I hope to post more pic of Sam and mommy and daddy as well. And her other grandma to. Love you guys!
Until later,
I love all 3 of you!
I hope you like Sam's photo album on my web page as well.
http://groups.msn.com/GracieBelle