Thursday, January 17, 2008
My Poor Confused Kid
She recently figured out about the word car. Meaning, she was using it successfully and consistently. So, today we pull up next to a bus and she gets all wide eyed and says "Car!". I explained that it was a bus; it was bigger than a car and yellow with lots of windows. She took it into consideration and after a few seconds said "Bus!". Yay, I thought. She figured it out. A few lights later we pulled up next to a big yellowy-orangey truck. She proudly proclaimed her new word "Bus!!". Oh crap. Well, I said, that's not a bus baby. She looked confused. "Car?". No, that's a truck. It's bigger than Mommy's car but smaller than a bus. She looked skeptical. VERY skeptical. I said truck again and pointed to the truck. "Truck." She obviously wasn't happy. She was so excited over car and pointing them all and thought she had figured out bus, and I threw her for a loop. Poor kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
lmao! Aid said a sentence a few days ago, bringing his grand total up to.... drumroll please: 2. yes, there is, "I'm good." after a booboo, or if he's doing something he shouldn't, just out of sight, I say "Aidan?" and from wherever he is, i hear, " I'm good!" lol. now we have, "no I not!" spouted off out of the blue the other day when I found him in the middle of the kitchen floor, both him and it covered in oreo. I say,"oh, youre a Mess!" and get, "no i not!" now convenient for naptimes, and diaper changes. hes trying to master a new one, I'm not sure exactly what it will end up as, but it is now, "luuuuv bubba big huuuugs!" usually at the top of his lungs as he chases lucas across the room. it is amazing how much easier it is to understand the second one! now i see how these moms of like, 7, can understant every little gibberish that the littlest one says.
She is getting so big baby. I am glad she is a quick study like her mommy. But don't over load the kids brain. I love you guys and can't wait to come home. I love you both kisses and hugs
Post a Comment