Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Note From the Mama

Anybody want a kid? She is currently screaming because she can't get on the couch by herself. She is in the living room because she got kicked out of the kitchen for dumping the dogs water all over the floor, slipping around in it and eventually screaming about it. She was in the kitchen because she got kicked out of the bathroom for taking the metal towel rack (that is currently off the wall)and playing the "drums" on the paint can in there and on the tile walls. She was in the bathroom because she got kicked out of her high chair for refusing to eat and then throwing her macaroni at the dog. Uuuuugggggghhhhh.....

Anyway, she did eat for a few minutes and that is what inspired this post. As I was nearly half-way through my food I looked at Sam the way she was attempting to eat. I promptly decided to stop eating and told her "You could make a starving man lose his appetite, Samantha." And it was so true. I have come to the conclusion that children should not be watched when you are trying to eat yourself.

Psycho kid. Running circles around the couch. The way our new living room is set up she can do that, unfortunately, forever if she wanted to. Driving me nuts. We still have boxes and crap all over and she is getting into all of it. I was hoping to have at least the living room tidy before the weekend came and she was here all day but I wsa unsuccessful. We actually spent the morning at the old apartment cleaning. My vaccuum cleaner died. It was soooo clogged. But we performed emergency surgery and we were able to save it. But, of course, once we got home all she wanted to do was get into boxes...literally...and then fall out of them and kvetch about it. Lordy lordy, what I wouldn't do to have David at home right now.

3 comments:

HuianaSukari said...

you moved? I had no idea of this...

Danielle said...

Yeah, "bought" a house. Lease for now till paperwork gets finished. Ferguson.

HuianaSukari said...

cool! how wonderful for the baby! and the dog! whoohoo! i'll have to see it soon as possible. after kris goes back to work, maybe. we's broke right now.